Monday, March 2, 2009

Things to which I've become accustomed that at first seemed notable:

-People carrying long skinny baguettes at all hours.
-Dog poop sitting in the middle of the street, waiting for my shoes.
-Nothing being open on Sundays. Except maybe the hospital.
-Everything but cafes and restaurants being closed from 2-4 p.m.
-Olive oil (of the delicious variety). Everywhere. Usually with salt.
-Eyes looking at me when I eat shell fish.
-Newspapers that do not hide their (Obama) biases.
-A total distaste for most sarcasm, regardless of intonation. "Es un CHISTE" currently is the important phrase in my vocabulary.
-My ever-loosening grasp on coherent English.
-Indoor smoke.
-The popularity of low rider bicycles. My friend remarked that finding a good road bike is more difficult than finding "the ones with the tiny wheels." (Image coming when I have completed my midterm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment