Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Just to humor myself:

1. Lisbon was nice. Relaxing--not an overwhelming number of things to do or see. Jessica and I walked along the port in tank tops for 4 hours on Sunday just to reach a famous bakery. The Portuguese are generally very hospitable people. Drinks come in plastic cups so that everyone can leave the small bars and socialize in the streets. They're cheap, too--Portugal's economy was hurting long before the current crisis.

2. My parents came here for 10 days with their friends. We ate tapas--lots of tapas. I am still not convinced they know that other forms of food preparation are alive and well in Barcelona. I learned there are a lot more things to do in Barcelona with a more flexible budget. Speaking of money, my dad chased down a pick pocket and got his wallet back--pretty baller. All in all, it was a lovely trip, although I was not able to spend as much time with them as I would have liked. Also, I discovered several cool restaurants after they left. Bummer.

3. Bolonia plan: My brain is not up to this level of thought right now.

4. Sevilla: We paddle-boated down the river at sunset with cerveza. What more could you ask for? Maybe a huge, beautiful Cathedral, perfect weather, delicious, cheap tapas, and a precious family-run pension. I am quite disappointed I will not have a chance to further explore Southern Spain.

1 comment:

  1. Sevilla looks lovely, although the video made me slightly seasick.

    ReplyDelete